As you guys might have heard, Blizzcon 2010 is going to take place in a few weeks – October 22-23.
And every time Blizzard is celebrating it’s great franchises – Warcraft, World of Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo – together with the fans attending, rumors come up which great announcement Blizzard is going to make.
This year vgtribune.com is arguing that Warcraft 4 might be announced this year during the opening ceremony.
According to a “fairly trusted source”, vgtribune reports that Warcraft 4 is under development and lists what the newest sequel to Blizzards successful rts-series shall feature:
- Episodic campaign was considering – no word on what they decided.
- Thrall is “currently” in it.
- The game is planned “tentatively” for a Q4 2012 release.
- Its an RTS based on the Starcraft II engine.
- Its being considered for multiple platforms like the 360 and PS3, but DS has actually been started on.
- It now finally has a team working on it since Starcraft is out.
- Its still very early stages and the concept art looks “beautiful”.
The problem about such news is that a “fairly trusted source” is mostly everything but trustworthy. And as this is right now the only news about Warcraft 4, there are good chances that this rumor will not be proven as true.